Techknital Fabrics is a family run textiles materials manufacturer, based in Hinckley, Leicestershire. Established in 1999 our products are exported throughout the UK and worldwide predominately to the aviation industry. With almost 50 years of textile manufacturing experience our company has a unique ability to develop and manufacture products to meet the demands of our customers.
At our facility we knot both cotton and polyester fabric that is treated in the UK for flame resistance to meet CAA standards for aircraft seating. Our products are also used within the automotive and train industries.
This is an opportunity to join an established and growing textile business, with a varied role for the right applicant. You will have opportunity to experience all aspects of our business operations:
- to learn the operation, maintenance and repair of knitting machinery and once competent be able to undertake knitting duties with limited supervision
- to support the Warehouse Manager in stock management of raw materials and planning production requirements
- to support the Quality Manager in carrying out inspections and following procedures to ensure product quality
- demonstrate good housekeeping, it is essential that working areas and machinery areas and kept clean and organised at all times
- basic warehouse duties as required, to include heavy lifting
The successful will receive in house training to ensure you are competent in all aspects of the role requirements. You will also be enrolled on an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Textiles Manufacturing with the specialist training provider KTL Ltd who will provide training at our facility in Hinckley. Your training incorporates the following:
- ABC Awards NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Manufacturing Textiles Products
- ABS Awards NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Textile Production
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English (if eligible)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths (if eligible)
The successful candidate will have the ability to work as part of a team; to be able to follow instructions and to be able to work on own initiative as required and have good communication skills. No prior qualifications are required as training will be provided, however, you should have a basic level of literacy and numeracy as well as some ICT skills. You will complete functional skills in Maths and English should you not have the required GCSE or equivalent grades.
If you are interested in applying or would like further information, please contact Sarah Vakilpour, Director, Techknital Fabrics Ltd 01455 254350 or email email@example.com
Closing Date For Applications: 19 December 2018
Interviews To Be Held: 7 January 2019
Possible Start Date: 14 January 2019
Duration: 12 – 14 Months