KTL is an independent training provider established 23 years supporting the much needed essential skills training to the apparel and textile manufacturing industry. KTL has strong links with textile and apparel manufacturers mainly across the East Midlands including workshops within HMP Service.
As a training provider we are rigorously audited and monitored by funding and awarding bodies to ensure delivery and processes meet the necessary expected high quality standards.
Our kite marks include:
- Matrix Standard
- ABC Awards ‘Showcase Centre of Excellence’ for Fashion and Textiles
- Ofsted inspected as a sub-contractor
All our Fashion and Textiles qualifications are accredited by SEG Group -ABC Awards. English and maths qualifications acredited by Edexcel
KTL delivers single qualifications in sewn products and textile production to employed and unemployed individuals. Our delivery has included:
- Supporting long term unemployed vulnerable groups at our studio in Derby by helping to break down barriers which impede their ability to move closer towards work or further education. Our Studio in Derby is a true reflection of great partnership arrangements with local referral organisations.
- Working within several Prisons across the East Midlands offering the opportunity for offenders to achieve an accredited qualification mapped to their work in sewn products and textile production.
- Supporting textile and apparel manufacturing companies across the East Midlands delivering qualifications to employees. This essential training enhances the existing skills and knowledge and can support audit requirements.