What we offer for HMPPS textiles workshops and textile manufacturing companies
Manufacturing Textiles Training
Qualification: SEG Awards Level 2 Certificate in Manufacturing Textile and Sewn Products (NVQ)
The Manufacturing Textile Products qualification covers the vast majority of skilled occupations in the textile and clothing manufacturing industry, with a range of optional units that can be chosen to reflect individuals’ roles.
It has mandatory units that aim to increase learners’ awareness of vital issues such as health and safety, product quality and employability, benefitting not only the individual but a prospective employer. It provides formal recognition for the skills developed and to use in the workplace, while also assisting employers to meet statutory and customer audit requirements.
This qualification has mandatory units with 1 further optional unit required to cover each learners’ specific role.
1. Health, Safety and Security at Work
2. Maintain the quality of production working within textiles
3. Maintain the work area for Manufacturing Textile Products
Plus 1 Optional Unit covering the following areas (selected based on the work role)
· Carrying out sewing process
· Cutting materials for sewn products
· Carrying out quality control
· Carrying out pressing operations
· Carry out manual textile operations
· Control the efficiency of textile production (e.g. Knitter/Weaver)
· Receive, store and organise materials for processing
· Package manufactured products
Contact KTL Ltd for details